Difference between revisions of "Lima Mennonite Church (Lima, Ohio, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
m (Text replace - "Ohio (State)" to "Ohio (USA)")
Line 1: Line 1:
First Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite]]), located in Lima, [[Allen County (Ohio, USA)|Allen County]], [[Ohio (State)|Ohio]], was organized 1 October 1935 as a mission. It was a member of the [[Middle District Conference (General Conference Mennonite Church)|Middle District Conference]] (later [[Central District of Mennonite Brethren Churches (United States Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches)|Central District Conference]]). The meetinghouse, erected in 1936, was a brick structure with a seating capacity of 125. The membership in 1955 was 76; the pastor was Sylvan Lehman.
+
First Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite]]), located in Lima, [[Allen County (Ohio, USA)|Allen County]], [[Ohio (USA)|Ohio]], was organized 1 October 1935 as a mission. It was a member of the [[Middle District Conference (General Conference Mennonite Church)|Middle District Conference]] (later [[Central District of Mennonite Brethren Churches (United States Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches)|Central District Conference]]). The meetinghouse, erected in 1936, was a brick structure with a seating capacity of 125. The membership in 1955 was 76; the pastor was Sylvan Lehman.
  
 
In 1995 First Mennonite Church merged with the [[Northside Mennonite Church (Lima, Ohio, USA)|Northside Mennonite Church]] ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]) to form the Lima Mennonite Church. The new congregation operated at the former Northside location.
 
In 1995 First Mennonite Church merged with the [[Northside Mennonite Church (Lima, Ohio, USA)|Northside Mennonite Church]] ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]) to form the Lima Mennonite Church. The new congregation operated at the former Northside location.
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 346|date=February 2008|a1_last=Lehman|a1_first=Sylvan|a2_last=Steiner|a2_first=Sam}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 346|date=February 2008|a1_last=Lehman|a1_first=Sylvan|a2_last=Steiner|a2_first=Sam}}

Revision as of 03:33, 20 February 2014

First Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located in Lima, Allen County, Ohio, was organized 1 October 1935 as a mission. It was a member of the Middle District Conference (later Central District Conference). The meetinghouse, erected in 1936, was a brick structure with a seating capacity of 125. The membership in 1955 was 76; the pastor was Sylvan Lehman.

In 1995 First Mennonite Church merged with the Northside Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) to form the Lima Mennonite Church. The new congregation operated at the former Northside location.


Author(s) Sylvan Lehman
Sam Steiner
Date Published February 2008


Cite This Article

MLA style

Lehman, Sylvan and Sam Steiner. "Lima Mennonite Church (Lima, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2008. Web. 21 May 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lima_Mennonite_Church_(Lima,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113486.

APA style

Lehman, Sylvan and Sam Steiner. (February 2008). Lima Mennonite Church (Lima, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lima_Mennonite_Church_(Lima,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113486.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 346. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.