From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Ligny (Meuse) is the name of a French Mennonite congregation in the general area of the Departement of the Meuse, before 1933 called Vaucouleurs, and appearing in the Gemeinde-Kalender beginning with 1951 as Meuse (Ligny). In the 1941 Gemeinde-Kalender it was still called Ligny; no issues of the Gemeinde-Kalender appeared 1942-1950. The Gemeinde-Kalender notes in 1933-1941 that it was not a member of the French conference. The membership is listed as follows: ca. 75 souls in 1926, 50 souls in 1933, ca. 40 souls in 1951, and ca. 70 souls in 1955. Elders were J. Kennel, 1927-1935, P. Kennel, 1938-1955.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Ligny (Meuse, Lorraine, France)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 20 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ligny_(Meuse,_Lorraine,_France)&oldid=83224.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1957). Ligny (Meuse, Lorraine, France). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ligny_(Meuse,_Lorraine,_France)&oldid=83224.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 344. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.