From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:53, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Lehigh Mennonite Brethren Church at Lehigh, Marion County, Kansas, a member of the Southern District Conference, was organized 27 August, 1884 under the leadership of David Dyck. The membership fluctuated from 100 in 1890, 23 in 1892, 42 in 1897, 100 in 1928, to 52 in 1953. Anna Enns, a missionary to Africa, was ordained in 1945. Ministers who served the congregation were Jacob B. Wiens, Cornelius Knaak, Jacob J. Harder, A. J. Boese, Gerhard Bartel, John A. Nickel, John A. Harder, Jacob J. Kroeker, G. A. Flaming, William Neufeld, and P. R. Lange.

In 1955 the Lehigh congregation was amalgamated with the Gnadenau congregation of the Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Conference; the combined congregation in 1957 was operating as the Gnadenau Mennonite Brethren Church, with a membership of about 200. Franklin Jost was the pastor in 1957.


Author(s) P. C Hiebert
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hiebert, P. C. "Lehigh Mennonite Brethren Church (Lehigh, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 25 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lehigh_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Lehigh,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=88973.

APA style

Hiebert, P. C. (1957). Lehigh Mennonite Brethren Church (Lehigh, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lehigh_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Lehigh,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=88973.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 313. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.