From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:23, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Lauver Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), is located between Richfield and Cocolamus in Juniata County, Pennsylvania. The first church was built in 1867 on the farm of Jacob Lauver. This brick building served the congregation until 1928, when a larger brick church replaced it along the improved highway. The congregation is a part of the Juniata-Snyder Bishop District of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. In 1956 Boyd Kauffman and Jacob G. Bnubaker were ministers. The membership for Cross Roads-Lauver in 1956 was 153.  In 2006 the membership was 56; John W. Gehman served as pastor.

Additional Information

Address:

HC 63

Richfield  Pennsylvania 

Meeting Place Directions:  1 mile ( 2 km) south of Evensdale on Route 35

Phone:

717-463-9091

Denominational Affiliations:

Mennonite Church USA

Lancaster Mennonite Conference


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Lauver Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 30 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lauver_Mennonite_Church_(Richfield,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=83085.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Lauver Mennonite Church (Richfield, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lauver_Mennonite_Church_(Richfield,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=83085.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 299-300. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.