From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
m
 
(4 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
__FORCETOC__
 +
__TOC__
 +
[[File:LansdaleMennoniteChurch.jpg|400px|thumbnail|''Lansdale Mennonite Church, Lansdale, Pennsylvania, 2009.<br />
 +
Source: [http://www.panoramio.com/photo/28562791 John Mills]; used with permission.
 +
'']]
 
Lansdale Mennonite Church (Unaffiliated Mennonite), in Lansdale, [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], was established as a mission in 1935. It was under the direction of the [[Franconia Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Franconia Mennonite Conference]] Board of Missions and Charities until 1951, when it became a church. In 1954 it had a membership of 60, with Jacob Rittenhouse as pastor.
 
Lansdale Mennonite Church (Unaffiliated Mennonite), in Lansdale, [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]], was established as a mission in 1935. It was under the direction of the [[Franconia Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Franconia Mennonite Conference]] Board of Missions and Charities until 1951, when it became a church. In 1954 it had a membership of 60, with Jacob Rittenhouse as pastor.
  
 
In the early 1970s the congregation withdrew from the conference, and continued as an unaffiliated Mennonite Church. In 2007 it had 49 members; Larry D. Bergey served as Bishop.
 
In the early 1970s the congregation withdrew from the conference, and continued as an unaffiliated Mennonite Church. In 2007 it had 49 members; Larry D. Bergey served as Bishop.
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
Address:
+
'''Address''': 520 York Avenue, Lansdale, Pennsylvania
  
520 York Avenue
+
'''Phone''': 215-362-2659
  
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
+
'''Website''': [http://www.lansdalemc.info/default.html Lansdale Mennonite Church]
 
+
Phone:
+
 
+
215-362-2659
+
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 292|date=February 2008|a1_last=Gingerich|a1_first=Melvin|a2_last=Steiner|a2_first=Sam}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 292|date=February 2008|a1_last=Gingerich|a1_first=Melvin|a2_last=Steiner|a2_first=Sam}}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church (MC) Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Franconia Mennonite Conference Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Independent Mennonite Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Pennsylvania Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:United States Congregations]]

Latest revision as of 17:52, 22 April 2014

Contents

Lansdale Mennonite Church, Lansdale, Pennsylvania, 2009.
Source: John Mills; used with permission.

Lansdale Mennonite Church (Unaffiliated Mennonite), in Lansdale, Pennsylvania, was established as a mission in 1935. It was under the direction of the Franconia Mennonite Conference Board of Missions and Charities until 1951, when it became a church. In 1954 it had a membership of 60, with Jacob Rittenhouse as pastor.

In the early 1970s the congregation withdrew from the conference, and continued as an unaffiliated Mennonite Church. In 2007 it had 49 members; Larry D. Bergey served as Bishop.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 520 York Avenue, Lansdale, Pennsylvania

Phone: 215-362-2659

Website: Lansdale Mennonite Church


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Sam Steiner
Date Published February 2008


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin and Sam Steiner. "Lansdale Mennonite Church (Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2008. Web. 30 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lansdale_Mennonite_Church_(Lansdale,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=121614.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin and Sam Steiner. (February 2008). Lansdale Mennonite Church (Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lansdale_Mennonite_Church_(Lansdale,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=121614.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 292. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.