From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Landisville, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, is a small village. It was settled first by retired farmers. Jacob Minnich in1798 built the first house on the Harrisburg Pike, six miles (10 km)  northwest of Lancaster, and in 1808 a hostelry. In 1809 his brother-in-law built the second dwelling near by, which John Landis (Jr.) purchased to be used as a store. The village was named Landisville in his honor; he also became the first postmaster. The town, in East Hempfield Township, has three meetinghouses – Landisville Mennonite, Reformed Mennonite, and Church of God.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Landisville (Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 30 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Landisville_(Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=83013.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Landisville (Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Landisville_(Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=83013.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 282. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.