Lancaster Christian Street Mission (Mennonite Church), a mission for African American people, was opened in 1933 as an outpost for the East Vine Street Mission, Lancaster Mennonite Conference. It opened on Howard Street, moved to 460 Rockland Street, and after 1939 was located in a meetinghouse at South Christian and Locust Street. Joseph S. Lehman was superintendent of the work from the start and was also pastor 1935-1955. In 1955 D. Stoner Krady was bishop and Lester T. Weaver minister. The membership in 1956 was 51.
For many years the congregation was known as the South Christian Mennonite Church because of its location. In 1999 the congregation moved to a building formerly inhabited by St. Stephen's Lutheran Church at the corner of South Duke and Church Streets. Shortly thereafter, the congregation changed its name to Crossroads Mennonite Church.
"Our history." Crossroads Mennonite Church. Web. http://www.crossroadsmennonite.org/about-us.php (accessed 18 March 2014).
 Additional Information
Address: 401 Church St., Lancaster, PA 17602
|Author(s)||Ira D Landis|
 Cite This Article
Landis, Ira D and Sam Steiner. "Crossroads Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1958. Web. 27 May 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Crossroads_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116152.
Landis, Ira D and Sam Steiner. (1958). Crossroads Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 May 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Crossroads_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116152.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.