From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Lampeter Music Hall, located in Lampeter, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, has this foundation marker: "Lampeter Music, Lecture and Bible School lovingly dedicated to the memory of the early settlers of Lancaster County 1898." To Henry B. Herr belongs most of the credit for this structure. It became a preaching point for the Brick Mennonite Church (MC), two miles away. In November 1905 A. D. Wenger conducted here one of the first revivals held in the Lancaster Mennonite Conference, following approval of such work in the fall Conference. Amos Geigley and others held continued meetings here and, and it was a preaching point, somewhat under Henry B. Herr's supervision. By about 1915 this mission moved back to the Brick church. Later the local school board bought the building.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1958


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Lampeter Music Hall (Lampeter, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1958. Web. 22 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lampeter_Music_Hall_(Lampeter,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=88894.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1958). Lampeter Music Hall (Lampeter, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lampeter_Music_Hall_(Lampeter,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=88894.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.