The Lambert Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located 7.5 miles (13 km) west of Job on Lambert Road, in Dry Fork District, Randolph County, West Virginia, was begun in 1900. Its meetinghouse was built in 1949. The church serves the people of Middle Mountain and Lambert Hollow. Services had been held in the Wymer and Lambert schoolhouses for 50 years. The membership in 1956 was 35, with Paul Good serving as minister; and in 2002 the membership was 26, with Boyd Wyatt serving as pastor. The congregation was a member of the Virginia Mennonite Conference.
On 25 July 2014 the Virginia Mennonite Conference voted to release Lambert Mennonite Church from the conference. The church had requested a release from membership as a result of recent actions within Mennonite Church USA regarding sexuality. The church also changed its name to Lambert Community Church.
Yoder, Kelli. "Three Churches Leave Virginia Conference." Mennonite World Review (4 August 2014). http://mennoworld.org/2014/08/04/three-churches-leave-virginia-conference/.
 Additional Information
Address: RR 3 Box 70, Belington, WV 26250-9447
Virginia Mennonite Conference (1913-2014)
|Author(s)||Harry A Brunk|
 Cite This Article
Brunk, Harry A. "Lambert Mennonite Church (Wymer, West Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1958. Web. 26 Jun 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lambert_Mennonite_Church_(Wymer,_West_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=123799.
Brunk, Harry A. (1958). Lambert Mennonite Church (Wymer, West Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 June 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lambert_Mennonite_Church_(Wymer,_West_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=123799.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.