From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Lakeside Hutterite Bruderhof, located near Cranford, Alberta, was founded in 1935. Their preacher, Peter Hofer, who was chosen in the Wolf Creek Bruderhof in 1926, moved to the Wolf Creek commune near Stirling, Alberta, and from there went with several families to found the Lakeside Bruderhof. Joseph Wipf was chosen to the ministry here in 1944. In 1947 the commune numbered 162 souls, with 64 baptized members.

In 2012 the Lakeside Hutterite Colony was a Dariusleut colony. The minister was Dave Wipf and the manager was Joe Wipf.

[edit] Additional Information

Location: Cranford, Alberta (coordinates: 49.668611, -112.3625 [49° 40' 07" N, 112° 21' 45" W])

Address: Box 9, Cranford, AB T0K 0R0

Telephone: 403-320-4507

[edit] Maps

Map:Lakeside Hutterite Colony, Cranford, Alberta


Author(s) David Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published April 2013


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Lakeside Hutterite Colony (Cranford, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2013. Web. 14 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lakeside_Hutterite_Colony_(Cranford,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=88873.

APA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (April 2013). Lakeside Hutterite Colony (Cranford, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 14 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lakeside_Hutterite_Colony_(Cranford,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=88873.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.