From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:59, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search
The Lakeside Hutterite Bruderhof, located nine miles (16 km) west of Headingly, Manitoba, was founded in 1947 by Preacher Jorg Wipf and ten families from the Maxwell Bruderhof six miles (10 km) west of Lakeside. The Brethren bought land and built houses and stables. In 1947 the Bruderhof numbered 78 souls, 28 of them being baptized members.

In 2012 Lakeside Colony was a Schmiedeleut Group 1 colony. The minister was Josh Hofer, Jr. and the manager was Sammy Hofer.


Additional Information

Location: St. François Xavier, Manitoba (cooridinates: 49.91, -97.5638 [49˚ 54′ 35″ N, 97˚ 33′ 49″ W])

Address: 5600 PR241 North, Cartier, Manitoba R4K 1B1

Telephone: 204-864-2561


Maps

Map:Lakeside Hutterite Colony, St. François Xavier, Manitoba, Canada


Author(s) David Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published February 2013


Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Lakeside Hutterite Colony (Cartier, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2013. Web. 20 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lakeside_Hutterite_Colony_(Cartier,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=57782.

APA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (February 2013). Lakeside Hutterite Colony (Cartier, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lakeside_Hutterite_Colony_(Cartier,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=57782.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.