From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:52, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Lake Charles Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), now extinct, began in 1898, when the first settlers moved down to Lake Charles, Louisiana, from the northern states. A few families came from Austell, Georgia, in 1905. The largest membership was about 40. The bishops who served this congregation were Andrew Shenk, J. M. Kreider, J. N. Durr, and E. S. Hallman. The ministers were Jonas Nice, Clarence Bontrager, and John E. Wenger. In 1954 the E. G. Leidig family was the only member family which remained in the community.


Author(s) Eli S Hallman
Date Published 1958


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hallman, Eli S. "Lake Charles Mennonite Church (Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1958. Web. 31 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lake_Charles_Mennonite_Church_(Lake_Charles,_Louisiana,_USA)&oldid=88865.

APA style

Hallman, Eli S. (1958). Lake Charles Mennonite Church (Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lake_Charles_Mennonite_Church_(Lake_Charles,_Louisiana,_USA)&oldid=88865.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 269. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.