Until 1793 Krampitz was part of Danzig in Royal Prussia (also known as Polish Prussia) in the Kingdom of Poland. The Second Partition of Poland in 1793 added Danzig and its surrounding territory to the province of West Prussia. Krampitz was situated in the district (Kreis) of Danzig from 1818 until 1887, when it became part of the district of Danziger Niederung. Krampitz became part of the Free City of Danzig from 1920 until the outbreak of World War II in 1939, when it came under the control of Nazi Germany. In February 1945 it was occupied by Soviet forces and eventually returned to Poland. In 2012 Krampitz was a village in the administrative district of Gmina Pruszcz Gdański, within Gdańsk County, Pomeranian Voivodeship.
The 1793 Danzig census lists three Mennonite families in Krampitz with the following surnames: Fast, Philippsen, and Woelcke. In 1820 Krampitz/Weishof/Scheibe had 89 inhabitants, including 22 Mennonites.
Mennonites who were residents of Krampitz were members of the Danzig Mennonite Church.
Stowarzyszenie Konserwatorów Zabytków. "Krępiec." Catalogue of Monuments of Dutch Colonization in Poland. 2005. Web. 24 December 2012. http://holland.org.pl/art.php?kat=obiekt&id=366&lang=en.
Wikipedia. "Krępiec, Pomeranian Voivodeship." Web. 24 December 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krępiec,_Pomeranian_Voivodeship.
Wolf, Hans-Jürgen. "Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Web. 4 December 2012. http://www.westpreussen.de/cms/ct/ortsverzeichnis/details.php?ID=3607.
|Author(s)||Richard D Thiessen|
|Date Published||December 2012|
 Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. "Krampitz (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 2012. Web. 1 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Krampitz_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=95647.
Thiessen, Richard D. (December 2012). Krampitz (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Krampitz_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=95647.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.