From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Kralltown Mennonite Church (originally Mennonite Church, now part of Conservative Mennonite Churches of York and Adams Counties, Pennsylvania), located in York County, Pennsylvania, was built in 1888 as a union house. The membership, never numerous, had all passed away or moved out, and all services were discontinued. The East Petersburg congregation, following a summer Bible school in 1950, reopened the church. James B. Siegrist located here as minister. Although no membership was claimed here by 1955, the average Sunday school attendance then was 48 and the summer Bible school averaged 179.

Kralltown was formerly a part of the York-Adams District of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference (MC). That district asked to be released in 1975 because of certain trends in the Lancaster Conference and formed the new group.

In 2007 the membership was 81. Elmer H. Kreider served as bishop of the congregation. The congregation also sponsors a Mennonite parochial school -- Kralltown Mennonite School.

[edit] Additional Information

Address:

6719 Davidsburg Rd

East Berlin, PA 17316

Telephone:

(717) 292-0577

Conference Affiliation:

Conservative Mennonite Churches of York and Adams Counties, Pennsylvania


Author(s) Ira D. Landis
Sam Steiner
Date Published January 2008


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. and Sam Steiner. "Kralltown Mennonite Church (East Berlin, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 2008. Web. 19 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kralltown_Mennonite_Church_(East_Berlin,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=95645.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. and Sam Steiner. (January 2008). Kralltown Mennonite Church (East Berlin, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kralltown_Mennonite_Church_(East_Berlin,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=95645.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 232. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.