From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Kotlyarevo Mennonite Brethren Church, Memrik, Russia, was founded in 1885 as a subsidiary of Rückenau Mennonite Brethren Church. Its first meetinghouse, acquired in 1887, was replaced by a new structure in 1897. In 1900 the congregation became independent and in 1902 its minister Isaak Fast was ordained elder. In 1908 he died and was succeeded by Jakob Dorksen, who retired in 1926, when Johann M. Janzen, who was exiled in 1934, became the leader.

In 1887 the membership of the congregation was 52. In 1905 it was 345, with a total of 670 worshipers including children. In 1934, when the elder was exiled, the congregation had to discontinue functioning. In addition to the elders the congregation was served by preachers Tobias Voth (from 1895), Franz Fröse (from 1900), Gerhard Berg (from 1901), Kornelius Klaassen (from 1904), Franz Goossen (from 1900), Kornelius Isaak (from 1900), Abraham Pätkau (from 1904), and Peter Rogalsky (from 1908).

[edit] Bibliography

Goerz, H. Memrik: eine mennonitische Kolonie in Russland. Rosthern, Sask.: Echo-Verlag, 1954: 29 ff.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Kotlyarevo Mennonite Brethren Church (Memrik, Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 25 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kotlyarevo_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Memrik,_Dnipropetrovsk_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=82898.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1957). Kotlyarevo Mennonite Brethren Church (Memrik, Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kotlyarevo_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Memrik,_Dnipropetrovsk_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=82898.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 229. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.