From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:40, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Korzeniecer Kämpe was until 1909 an island in the Vistula River on the left bank, opposite Thorn (Toruń), Germany. In the early days its population was probably exclusively Mennonite (five families: Adrian, Ewert, Funk, Gerbrandt, and Nickel). At the turn of the 20th century there were only three Mennonite families there (widow of Gerhard Dirks, H. Foth, and Nickel). All of these were members of the Obernessau Mennonite Church. In the first decade of the 20th century a part of Korzeniecer Kämpe was taken to build a stately harbor. The inhabitants had to leave their homes and move to Thorn (Toruń).


Bibliography

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. II, 553.

Mennonitische Blätter (1905): 29, 39.



Author(s) Christian Neff
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Neff, Christian. "Korzeniecer Kämpe (Toruń, Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 10 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Korzeniecer_K%C3%A4mpe_(Toru%C5%84,_Kuyavian-Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=66089.

APA style

Neff, Christian. (1957). Korzeniecer Kämpe (Toruń, Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Korzeniecer_K%C3%A4mpe_(Toru%C5%84,_Kuyavian-Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=66089.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 228. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.