From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Korzeniecer Kämpe was until 1909 an island in the Vistula River on the left bank, opposite [[Thorn (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)|Thorn]] (Toruń), [[Germany|Germany]]. In the early days its population was probably exclusively Mennonite (five families: Adrian, Ewert, Funk, Gerbrandt, and Nickel). At the turn of the 20th century there were only three Mennonite families there (widow of Gerhard Dirks, H. Foth, and Nickel). All of these were members of the [[Obernessau (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)|Obernessau Mennonite Church]]. In the first decade of the 20th century a part of Korzeniecer Kämpe was taken to build a stately harbor. The inhabitants had to leave their homes and move to Thorn (Toruń).
 
Korzeniecer Kämpe was until 1909 an island in the Vistula River on the left bank, opposite [[Thorn (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)|Thorn]] (Toruń), [[Germany|Germany]]. In the early days its population was probably exclusively Mennonite (five families: Adrian, Ewert, Funk, Gerbrandt, and Nickel). At the turn of the 20th century there were only three Mennonite families there (widow of Gerhard Dirks, H. Foth, and Nickel). All of these were members of the [[Obernessau (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)|Obernessau Mennonite Church]]. In the first decade of the 20th century a part of Korzeniecer Kämpe was taken to build a stately harbor. The inhabitants had to leave their homes and move to Thorn (Toruń).
 
 
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. <em>Mennonitisches Lexikon</em>, 4 vols. Frankfurt &amp; Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. II, 553.<em>
 
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. <em>Mennonitisches Lexikon</em>, 4 vols. Frankfurt &amp; Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. II, 553.<em>
Line 8: Line 6:
  
 
<em>Mennonitische Blätter</em> (1905): 29, 39.
 
<em>Mennonitische Blätter</em> (1905): 29, 39.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 228|date=1957|a1_last=Neff|a1_first=Christian|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 228|date=1957|a1_last=Neff|a1_first=Christian|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Revision as of 19:22, 20 August 2013

Korzeniecer Kämpe was until 1909 an island in the Vistula River on the left bank, opposite Thorn (Toruń), Germany. In the early days its population was probably exclusively Mennonite (five families: Adrian, Ewert, Funk, Gerbrandt, and Nickel). At the turn of the 20th century there were only three Mennonite families there (widow of Gerhard Dirks, H. Foth, and Nickel). All of these were members of the Obernessau Mennonite Church. In the first decade of the 20th century a part of Korzeniecer Kämpe was taken to build a stately harbor. The inhabitants had to leave their homes and move to Thorn (Toruń).

Bibliography

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. II, 553.

Mennonitische Blätter (1905): 29, 39.


Author(s) Christian Neff
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Neff, Christian. "Korzeniecer Kämpe (Toruń, Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Korzeniecer_K%C3%A4mpe_(Toru%C5%84,_Kuyavian-Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=82894.

APA style

Neff, Christian. (1957). Korzeniecer Kämpe (Toruń, Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Korzeniecer_K%C3%A4mpe_(Toru%C5%84,_Kuyavian-Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=82894.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 228. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.