From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:51, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Kleine Zon was the name of a congregation at Amsterdam, Netherlands, which separated in 1670 from the Zon congregation, holding its meetings in the "Arke Noach (Noë)" on the Prinsengracht until it merged again with the mother congregation in 1679. The little congregation of Het Sterretje split off from the Kleine Zon. In 1720-1752 the Frisian congregation of Amsterdam held its meetings at the Kleine Zon meetinghouse, thus usually called Arke Noach.

Bibliography

Doopsgezinde Bijdragen. (1895): 5.

Hoop Scheffer, Jacob Gijsbert de. Inventaris der Archiefstukken berustende bij de Vereenigde Doopsgezinde Gemeente to Amsterdam, 2 vols. Amsterdam: Uitgegeven en ten geschenke aangeboden door den Kerkeraad dier Gemeente, 1883-1884: v. II, Nos. 1393-1404.


Author(s) Nanne van der Zijpp
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne. "Kleine Zon (Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 19 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kleine_Zon_(Amsterdam,_Noord-Holland,_Netherlands)&oldid=88737.

APA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne. (1957). Kleine Zon (Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kleine_Zon_(Amsterdam,_Noord-Holland,_Netherlands)&oldid=88737.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 200. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.