Klein Nembschitz (Jihomoravský kraj, Czech Republic)
Klein Nembschitz (Czech, Němčice), a village near Upper Bayanovic, east of Auspitz (Hustopece) in Moravia, where the Hutterian Brethren had a Bruderhof which they had to abandon in 1559. They moved to Pellertitz (Polehraditz), and again set up a Bruderhof, from which they were driven in 1563 (Beck, 210, 214).
In 1562 the Hutterian Brethren also founded a Bruderhof in Klein Nembschitz near Pralitz on the right bank of the Jihlava and acquired a mill from Sigmund von Zastrizel, Baron of Kaunitz. In 1565 the brotherhood chose Leonhard Dax as preacher, who served temporarily as a missionary to the Palatinate. When they were driven out of their households in the Thirty Years' War, they settled in Farkeshin, a village on the Dudwaag, southeast of Tyrnau (Trnava). (Beck, 214, 410.)
Beck, Josef. Die Geschichts-Bücher der Wiedertäufer in Oesterreich-Ungarn. Vienna, 1883; reprinted Nieuwkoop: De Graaf, 1967: 210 here and there throughout.
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. II, 508.
Wolkan, Rudolf. Geschicht-Buch der Hutterischen Brüder. Macleod, AB, and Vienna, 1923: 302, 314-316, 404, 427, 494 f.
Zieglschmid, A. J. F. Die älteste Chronik der Hutterischen Brüder: Ein Sprachdenkmal aus frühneuhochdeutscher Zeit. Ithaca: Cayuga Press, 1943: 397, 408, 412, 521, 551, 646, 647.
Cite This Article
Neff, Christian. "Klein Nembschitz (Jihomoravský kraj, Czech Republic)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 May 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Klein_Nembschitz_(Jihomoravsk%C3%BD_kraj,_Czech_Republic)&oldid=92324.
Neff, Christian. (1957). Klein Nembschitz (Jihomoravský kraj, Czech Republic). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Klein_Nembschitz_(Jihomoravsk%C3%BD_kraj,_Czech_Republic)&oldid=92324.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 195. All rights reserved.
©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.