From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Kingwood Bible Church of the Mennonite Brethren Church of North America, located at 1125 Elm Street N.W., Salem, Oregon was organized as the Mennonite Brethren Church of West Salem on 13 October 1940 by 27 members of the Mennonite Brethren Church of Dallas, Oregon, who felt the need of a place of worship in Salem. In 1944 the church was enlarged to provide room for the newly organized Salem Bible School and Academy. The name Kingswood Bible Church was adopted in order to reach more people.  Pastors who had served the church up to the early 1950s were Abe A. Loewen, Albert Fadenrecht, Alex Sauerwein, and Frank Wiens. The membership in 1957 was 185.

[edit] Bibliography

Salem Public Library. "Kingwood Bible Church." Salem (Oregon) Online History. Accessed 14 March 2007 <http://www.salemhistory.net/places/kingwood_bible_church.htm>.


Author(s) Peter Pankratz
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Pankratz, Peter. "Kingwood Bible Church (Salem, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kingwood_Bible_Church_(Salem,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=88672.

APA style

Pankratz, Peter. (1957). Kingwood Bible Church (Salem, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kingwood_Bible_Church_(Salem,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=88672.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 177. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.