Kingman County, Kansas U.S. Census TIGER/Line map
Kingman County, Kansas
, is known for its fertile red soil and rolling hills. Its principal crop in the 1950s was wheat and there was also a considerable amount of grazing land. The total population of the county in 1957 was over 12,000. There were two General Conference Mennonite
churches in Kingman County—Bethany Mennonite Church
, southeast of Kingman, organized in 1907, and the Zion Mennonite Church
in Kingman, which was organized in 1929. In addition, the camp of the Western District
young people, Camp Mennoscah
, was located there, on the Ninnescah River west of Murdock.
|| Harley J Stuckey
| Date Published
 Cite This Article
Stuckey, Harley J. "Kingman County (Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 25 Jan 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kingman_County_(Kansas,_USA)&oldid=120356.
Stuckey, Harley J. (1957). Kingman County (Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 January 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kingman_County_(Kansas,_USA)&oldid=120356.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia
, Vol. 3, pp. 176-177. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.