Until 1772 Keitelau was part of the Kingdom of Poland. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province in 1773, called West Prussia, in which Keitelau was located. Keitelau was situated in the district (Kreis) of Elbing until the establishment of the Free City of Danzig in 1920. The village came under the control of Nazi Germany during World War II until February 1945, when it was occupied by Soviet forces and returned to Poland. Today Keitelau is a settlement in the administrative district of Gmina Nowy Dwór Gdański, within Nowy Dwór Gdański County, Pomeranian Voivodeship.
Mennonites did not settle in Keitelau until after 1776. In 1820 the village had 124 inhabitants including 13 Mennonites.
Mennonites who were residents of Keitelau were members of the Rosenort Mennonite Church.
Wikipedia. "Swaryszewo." Web. 24 November 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swaryszewo.
|Author(s)||Richard D Thiessen|
|Date Published||November 2012|
 Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. "Keitelau (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. November 2012. Web. 11 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Keitelau_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=95535.
Thiessen, Richard D. (November 2012). Keitelau (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 11 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Keitelau_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=95535.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.