From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:51, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Kauffman Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) was a member of the Lancaster Conference in 1957, located on the Kauffman farm on the Manheim Pike in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The congregation had formerly (prior to 1860) met at Sun Hill, several miles from the Manheim Pike location, but when it moved it adopted the name of its benefactor, Abraham Kauffman, who gave his farm of 97 acres to the church. The first meeting house here was built in 1860, enlarged in 1891, and remodeled around 1957. It was earlier a part of the Hernley-Erb circuit, but by 1957 had its separate ministers. Homer D. Bomberger was the bishop, William Heisey was minister, and Ernest Bauman, deacon in 1957. The membership in 1954 was 72.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Kauffman Mennonite Church (Manheim, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 20 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kauffman_Mennonite_Church_(Manheim,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania)&oldid=88568.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Kauffman Mennonite Church (Manheim, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kauffman_Mennonite_Church_(Manheim,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania)&oldid=88568.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 157-158. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.