From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:51, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Kauffman's was formerly a Mennonite (Mennonite Church) congregation of the Lancaster Conference about two miles north of Annville in Lebanon County, Pennsylvania. The community was settled by the Myers, Shirks, Ellenbergers, Lights, and Brightbills. In 1773 Frederick Kauffman was the Lebanon County bishop. The meetinghouse, which was built on the lands of Benjamin Bowman before 1768, was used until 1851, when the United Brethren claimed the building. The Mennonites then, under their bishop Jacob Dohner, moved east to the site of Dohner's meetinghouse, the congregation in 1957 bearing that name being the lineal descendant of Kauffman's.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Kauffman's Mennonite Church (Lebanon County, Pennsylvania)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kauffman%27s_Mennonite_Church_(Lebanon_County,_Pennsylvania)&oldid=88569.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Kauffman's Mennonite Church (Lebanon County, Pennsylvania). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kauffman%27s_Mennonite_Church_(Lebanon_County,_Pennsylvania)&oldid=88569.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 158. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.