From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Kane, MB. In 1965 there were 42 members. The congregation dissolved in 1973. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Canada. The congregation began services about 1943. The first building was occupied in 1948, with a subsequent building program in 1952. Henry P. Schellenberg is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization of southern Manitoba.

The first church building was that of the Morden Herold congregation which was moved to Kane in 1948. In 1952 the Edenberg Bergthaler building was moved to Kane. In the late 1940s there was division in the group between those who wanted to affiliate with the Bergthaler and those who wished to remain independent. Much of the early membership was interdenominational.

[edit] Bibliography

Mennonite Reporter (28 May 1973): 1.

Gerbrandt, Henry J. Adventure in Faith. Altona, MB, 1970: 203-208.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Kane Bergthaler Mennonite Church (Kane, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 28 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kane_Bergthaler_Mennonite_Church_(Kane,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=88514.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Kane Bergthaler Mennonite Church (Kane, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kane_Bergthaler_Mennonite_Church_(Kane,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=88514.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.