From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
<em>Junior Messenger</em>, was a children's paper of the [[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]] which began publication as a biweekly on 1 January 1939, changed to a weekly and enlarged to 8 pages in 1943. It further enlarged to 7 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches in 1951. In 1956 it was enlarged to 9 x 12 inches. It was printed by the [[Mennonite Press (Newton, Kansas, USA) |Mennonite Press]], [[North Newton (Kansas, USA)|North Newton]], [[Kansas (USA)|Kansas]] for the Board of Education and Publication and was an official organ of the General Conference Mennonite Church. Editors have been Mrs. H. J. Andres, Mrs. T. A. van der Smissen, Mrs. Helena (Arnold) Regier, Mrs. Henry Funk, and Griselda Shelley. The circulation of the paper was approximately 4,000 during the 1950s. <em>Junior messenger</em> was combined with the [[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church's]] <em>Words of cheer</em> in 1971 to become <em>On the Line</em>.
 
<em>Junior Messenger</em>, was a children's paper of the [[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]] which began publication as a biweekly on 1 January 1939, changed to a weekly and enlarged to 8 pages in 1943. It further enlarged to 7 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches in 1951. In 1956 it was enlarged to 9 x 12 inches. It was printed by the [[Mennonite Press (Newton, Kansas, USA) |Mennonite Press]], [[North Newton (Kansas, USA)|North Newton]], [[Kansas (USA)|Kansas]] for the Board of Education and Publication and was an official organ of the General Conference Mennonite Church. Editors have been Mrs. H. J. Andres, Mrs. T. A. van der Smissen, Mrs. Helena (Arnold) Regier, Mrs. Henry Funk, and Griselda Shelley. The circulation of the paper was approximately 4,000 during the 1950s. <em>Junior messenger</em> was combined with the [[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church's]] <em>Words of cheer</em> in 1971 to become <em>On the Line</em>.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 128|date=1957|a1_last=Claassen|a1_first=Willard|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 128|date=1957|a1_last=Claassen|a1_first=Willard|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 19:50, 20 August 2013

Junior Messenger, was a children's paper of the General Conference Mennonite Church which began publication as a biweekly on 1 January 1939, changed to a weekly and enlarged to 8 pages in 1943. It further enlarged to 7 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches in 1951. In 1956 it was enlarged to 9 x 12 inches. It was printed by the Mennonite Press, North Newton, Kansas for the Board of Education and Publication and was an official organ of the General Conference Mennonite Church. Editors have been Mrs. H. J. Andres, Mrs. T. A. van der Smissen, Mrs. Helena (Arnold) Regier, Mrs. Henry Funk, and Griselda Shelley. The circulation of the paper was approximately 4,000 during the 1950s. Junior messenger was combined with the Mennonite Church's Words of cheer in 1971 to become On the Line.


Author(s) Willard Claassen
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Claassen, Willard. "Junior Messenger (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 29 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Junior_Messenger_(Periodical)&oldid=88446.

APA style

Claassen, Willard. (1957). Junior Messenger (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Junior_Messenger_(Periodical)&oldid=88446.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 128. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.