From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:50, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Jordan church was located across from school house (at the Jordan Historical Museum). The congregation dissolved in 1870. It has been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario from 1840-1849, the General Conference Mennonite Church from 1849-1869, and the Mennonite Brethren in Christ in 1869. The language of worship was German.

The congregation began services in 1840. Daniel Hoch is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach of the Moyer (Vineland) Mennonite Church. The congregation split from the Mennonite Conference of Ontario in 1849 under leadership of Daniel Hoch. They joined the new General Conference movement, which they left about 1869 to join the Mennonite Brethren in Christ, then known as New Mennonites.

Bibliography

Mennonite Encyclopedia, "Jordan."


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Jordan Mennonite Church (Jordan, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 23 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jordan_Mennonite_Church_(Jordan,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=88412.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). Jordan Mennonite Church (Jordan, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jordan_Mennonite_Church_(Jordan,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=88412.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.