Jordan, a village formerly in Louth Township, Lincoln County, Ontario (now part of the Town of Lincoln, Region of Niagara, Ontario), on the east bank of Twenty Pond, near the present Highway 8, where services were held probably in 1840-1870 by the Mennonites when they were strongest in this county. The Moyer church three miles (five km) west was the central church. Early ministers near the Jordan church were Daniel Hoch (1806-1878), who after 1850 led the Canada-Ohio General Conference Mennonite movement; Abraham Rittenhouse (1840-1919), ordained in 1871, and Daniel Honsberger (1835-1914), ordained in 1875. Early deacons were Christian Honsberger (1781-1831) and Philip Wismer (1810-1897).
|Author(s)||Joseph C Fretz|
 Cite This Article
Fretz, Joseph C. "Jordan (Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 6 Jul 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jordan_(Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=88411.
Fretz, Joseph C. (1957). Jordan (Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 6 July 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jordan_(Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=88411.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.