From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Jansen Kleine Gemeinde Mennonite Church was established after the arrival of 36 families of Kleine Gemeinde Mennonites from Russia in Jefferson County, Nebraska, in 1874 under the leadership of Abraham L. Friesen. After meeting in homes for a time they constructed a church two miles west and three miles north of the present site of Jansen. Because of the infiltration of other Mennonite groups and the scarcity of land, the entire Kleine Gemeinde, as far as its members had not joined other groups, migrated to Meade, Kansas, in 1906-1908.

See also Meade Kleine Gemeinde

[edit] Bibliography

Krahn, Cornelius. "From Russia to Meade." Mennonite Life 6 (1951): 18 f.

Miller, D. Paul. "The Story of the Jansen Churches." Mennonite Life 10 (1955): 38.

Reimer, G. E. and G. R. Gaeddert. Exiled by the Czar; Cornelius Jansen and the Great Mennonite Migration, 1874. Newton, 1956.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Jansen Kleine Gemeinde Mennonite Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 20 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jansen_Kleine_Gemeinde_Mennonite_Church_(Jansen,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=82656.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1957). Jansen Kleine Gemeinde Mennonite Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jansen_Kleine_Gemeinde_Mennonite_Church_(Jansen,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=82656.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 91. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.