From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Jansen Bible Church (formerly Jansen Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church) is a congregation of 73 members (1954) belonging to the Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches (formerly Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Conference of North America). It began in 1879, with the first services in the homes of the members. The first pastor was John Fast, the minister serving the longest was B. O. Kroeker; the 1956 minister was Paul F. Goossen. A church built in 1891 on the northwest corner of Jansen was destroyed by a tornado in 1929, and was replaced by a new building on the north edge of Jansen. This is the only Mennonite congregation in the area. The pastor in 2008 was Paul Carpenter.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 57309 715th Road, Jansen, Nebraska 68377

Phone: 402-424-2645

Website: Jansen Bible Church

Denominational Affiliation: Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches


Author(s) Elmer Reimer
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Reimer, Elmer. "Jansen Bible Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 30 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jansen_Bible_Church_(Jansen,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=82652.

APA style

Reimer, Elmer. (1957). Jansen Bible Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jansen_Bible_Church_(Jansen,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=82652.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 91. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.