From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Anna Penner Isaac, daughter of Abraham Penner and Maria Buhler Penner, was born 18 June 1890 in Mountain Lake, Minnesota. Her early education, including German Preparatory school, was in Mountain Lake. In 1911 she went to Bethel College, Kansas. On 14 October 1914 she married Ferdinand Isaac in Moundridge, Kansas. Anna and Ferdinand worked for seven years in California under the Home Mission Board of the General Conference Mennonite Church. In 1920 a call from the Foreign Mission Board took them to India where they served for three terms (26 years). They had four children, three of whom died before maturity. Ferdinand died in India in 1946. Anna returned to the United States. She worked as a visitor at Bethel Hospital in Newton, Kansas and promoted missions. Later she moved back to Mountain Lake, Minnesota to become superintendent of Eventide Home. Anna was the first treasurer and one of the organizers of the General Conference Women's Missionary Society (Women in Mission) which was formed in 1917. Anna Penner Isaac died 5 June 1971.

[edit] Bibliography

Goering, Gladys. Women in Search of Mission. Newton, KS, 1980: 3, 4, 5.

Obituary filed in Mennonite Library and Archives, Bethel College (North Newton, Kansas, USA) .


Author(s) Lois Deckert
Date Published 1987


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Deckert, Lois. "Isaac, Anna Penner (1890-1971)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1987. Web. 22 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Isaac,_Anna_Penner_(1890-1971)&oldid=88260.

APA style

Deckert, Lois. (1987). Isaac, Anna Penner (1890-1971). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Isaac,_Anna_Penner_(1890-1971)&oldid=88260.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 5, p. 456. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.