From GAMEO
Revision as of 03:31, 20 February 2014 by RichardThiessen (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Indian Cove Mennonite Church (formerly Mennonite Church), is located in a small irrigated farming community in Owyhee County, southern Idaho, near Hammett. Formerly a member of the Pacific Coast Conference, it was organized in 1935, the first Mennonite settlers, Aaron S. Brubaker and family, having come from Mahoning County, Ohio, in 1926. Two ministers, A. M. Shenk of Nampa, Idaho, and Paul J. Hooley of Limon, Colorado, were among the 19 charter members. In 1954 the membership was 72, with Paul W. Miller and Amos Shenk as ministers, and Menno S. Snyder as deacon.


Author(s) Menno S Snyder
Date Published 1958


Cite This Article

MLA style

Snyder, Menno S. "Indian Cove Mennonite Church (Hammett, Idaho, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1958. Web. 22 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Indian_Cove_Mennonite_Church_(Hammett,_Idaho,_USA)&oldid=113440.

APA style

Snyder, Menno S. (1958). Indian Cove Mennonite Church (Hammett, Idaho, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Indian_Cove_Mennonite_Church_(Hammett,_Idaho,_USA)&oldid=113440.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 22. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.