From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:49, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

In the Service of the King was a 16-page bimonthly official organ of the Bethel Deaconess Home and Hospital Society, Newton, Kansas, was begun in January 1942 with ten issues per year, changing in October 1949 to five (later six, and finally quarterly) issues. The circulation (free) was 2,800 in 1956. Editors included Sister Frieda Kauffman 1942-1944, Joanna S. Andres 1944-1954, Ernst Harder 1955-1956, and H. J. Andres 1956- .

Publication ceased in Winter 1987; it was superseded by Connection after the Bethel Deaconess Hospital merged with the Axtell Christian Hospital to form the Newton Medical Center.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1958


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "In the Service of the King (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1958. Web. 25 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=In_the_Service_of_the_King_(Periodical)&oldid=88201.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1958). In the Service of the King (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=In_the_Service_of_the_King_(Periodical)&oldid=88201.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 18. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.