From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Immanuel Mennonite Church (formerly General Conference Mennonite) is located at Delft, Cottonwood County, Minnesota. It was a member of the Northern District Conference, and organized on 28 July 1940 with a membership of 85. The group had previously been a part of the Gospel Mennonite Church at Mountain Lake and under its ministry. In 1897 a church was built 1.5 miles (2 km) west of Delft to facilitate the service. In 1906 this structure was moved to Delft, and in 1920 a new church was built. After its organization in 1940 the group had its own pastor. The membership in 1955 was 130, with W. M. McDowell as pastor. Sometime ca. 2002 the congregation withdrew from the conference (by then part of Mennonite Church USA).


Author(s) J. John Friesen
Date Published 1958


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Friesen, J. John. "Immanuel Mennonite Church (Delft, Minnesota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1958. Web. 2 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Immanuel_Mennonite_Church_(Delft,_Minnesota,_USA)&oldid=88194.

APA style

Friesen, J. John. (1958). Immanuel Mennonite Church (Delft, Minnesota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Immanuel_Mennonite_Church_(Delft,_Minnesota,_USA)&oldid=88194.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 13. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.