From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Iberville Hutterite Bruderhof, seven miles northeast of Elie, Manitoba, was founded in 1919 by 11 families with their preacher Paul Gross, of the Rosedale Bruderhof in Elie, Manitoba. Paul Gross died 10 May 1929. Other preachers of the colony prior to 1955 were Peter Gross, chosen on 16 March 1924, Paul Gross, chosen on 15 January 1933, and Michael Gross, chosen on 31 January 1937. In 1947 the colony had a population of 143 souls, of whom 57 were baptized members.

Daughter colonies of Iberville Hutterite Colony include: Pineland Hutterite Colony (Piney, Manitoba); Riverside Hutterite Colony (Arden, Manitoba); Rock Lake Hutterite Colony (Grosse Isle, Manitoba); and Whiteshell Hutterite Colony (River Hills, Manitoba).

In 2012 the Iberville Hutterite Colony was a Schmiedeleut Group 2 colony. The minister was Paul Gross and the manager was Alvin Gross.

[edit] Additional Information

Location: Saint Eustache, Manitoba (coordinates: 49.970833, -97.688611  [49˚ 58′ 15″ N, 97˚ 41′ 19″ W])

Address: Box 435, Elie, MB R0H 0H0

Telephone: 204-864-2667

[edit] Maps

Map:Iberville Hutterite Colony, Elie, Manitoba


Author(s) David Decker
Bert Friesen
Date Published March 2013


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Iberville Hutterite Colony (Elie, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2013. Web. 23 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Iberville_Hutterite_Colony_(Elie,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=88148.

APA style

Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (March 2013). Iberville Hutterite Colony (Elie, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Iberville_Hutterite_Colony_(Elie,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=88148.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 2. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.