From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
The Hutterthal Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite]]), located near Hitchcock and Carpenter in [[Beadle County (South Dakota, USA)|Beadle County]], [[South Dakota (USA)|South Dakota]], was a member of the [[Northern District Conference (General Conference Mennonite Church)|Northern District Conference]]. The congregation was first organized in 1906 under the leadership of Joseph M. Hofer. The original building was purchased from the Methodists and was replaced with a new structure in 1949. The membership increased from 80 to 176 in 1954. In addition to Joseph M. Hofer, the congregation was served by Elias J. Wipf, Joseph J. Hofer, and Paul J. R. Hofer, who was the pastor in 1954.
 
The Hutterthal Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite]]), located near Hitchcock and Carpenter in [[Beadle County (South Dakota, USA)|Beadle County]], [[South Dakota (USA)|South Dakota]], was a member of the [[Northern District Conference (General Conference Mennonite Church)|Northern District Conference]]. The congregation was first organized in 1906 under the leadership of Joseph M. Hofer. The original building was purchased from the Methodists and was replaced with a new structure in 1949. The membership increased from 80 to 176 in 1954. In addition to Joseph M. Hofer, the congregation was served by Elias J. Wipf, Joseph J. Hofer, and Paul J. R. Hofer, who was the pastor in 1954.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, pp. 867-868|date=1956|a1_last=Unruh|a1_first=John D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, pp. 867-868|date=1956|a1_last=Unruh|a1_first=John D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Revision as of 19:19, 20 August 2013

The Hutterthal Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located near Hitchcock and Carpenter in Beadle County, South Dakota, was a member of the Northern District Conference. The congregation was first organized in 1906 under the leadership of Joseph M. Hofer. The original building was purchased from the Methodists and was replaced with a new structure in 1949. The membership increased from 80 to 176 in 1954. In addition to Joseph M. Hofer, the congregation was served by Elias J. Wipf, Joseph J. Hofer, and Paul J. R. Hofer, who was the pastor in 1954.


Author(s) John D Unruh
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Unruh, John D. "Hutterthal Mennonite Church (Carpenter, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hutterthal_Mennonite_Church_(Carpenter,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=82346.

APA style

Unruh, John D. (1956). Hutterthal Mennonite Church (Carpenter, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hutterthal_Mennonite_Church_(Carpenter,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=82346.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 867-868. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.