From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:19, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Hutterdorf Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite) was a member of the Northern District Conference, located near Freeman, Hutchinson County, South Dakota, It derived its name from the village in Russia from which the settlers came in 1874. Until 1880, when the first school was built, services were conducted in the homes of members by the first ministers, the brethren William Tschetter and David Waldner. The first church, built in 1901, still served the congregation 50 years later. John Hofer, Elias Wipf, and Peter J. Stahl also served as ministers. The latter was ordained in 1917 and was still serving in 1955. The congregation had an organized Christian Endeavor and an active Sunday school. The membership in 1955 was 50.


Author(s) John D Unruh
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Unruh, John D. "Hutterdorf Mennonite Church (Freeman, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 19 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hutterdorf_Mennonite_Church_(Freeman,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=82343.

APA style

Unruh, John D. (1956). Hutterdorf Mennonite Church (Freeman, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hutterdorf_Mennonite_Church_(Freeman,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=82343.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 854. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.