From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:19, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Huntington Avenue Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), formerly the Newport News Mennonite Mission, located in Newport News, Virginia, was begun in 1928 by the Warwick River Mennonite congregation. In 1936 the mission was turned over to the Virginia Board of Missions and Charities, and a year later a brick meetinghouse was built. In 1951 the mission was organized as an independent congregation under the Virginia Conference (MC). In 1955 Andrew M. Hartzler was the minister and the membership was 31.


Author(s) C. Norman Krause
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Krause, C. Norman. "Huntington Mennonite Church (Newport News, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 29 Aug 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Huntington_Mennonite_Church_(Newport_News,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=82329.

APA style

Krause, C. Norman. (1956). Huntington Mennonite Church (Newport News, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 August 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Huntington_Mennonite_Church_(Newport_News,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=82329.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 845. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.