The Howard-Miami Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located about 12 miles (20 km) northeast of Kokomo, Indiana, on the Howard-Miami county line, a member of the Indiana-Michigan Conference, was organized in 1848 by Amish settlers from Tuscarawas and Holmes counties in Ohio. The Sunday school was organized in 1869. The 1955 building was remodeled in 1917. In 1946 the congregation began a mission station in nearby Kokomo. The settlements at Fairview and Pleasant View, Michigan, were made by members from this congregation. In 1955 the total baptized membership of this congregation and its mission outpost was 422. The bishop at that time was Anson Horner; the ministers were Niles Slabaugh and Emanuel Hochstedler. In 2008 the membership was 180; the lead minister was Randy Detweiler.
Mennonite Church History of Howard-Miami Counties, Indiana. Scottdale, 1916.
 Additional Information
Address: 3976 E 1400 S, Kokomo, Indiana
Website: Howard-Miama Mennonite Church
|Author(s)||Elaine Sommers Rich|
 Cite This Article
Rich, Elaine Sommers. "Howard-Miami Mennonite Church (Kokomo, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 28 May 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Howard-Miami_Mennonite_Church_(Kokomo,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=82279.
Rich, Elaine Sommers. (1956). Howard-Miami Mennonite Church (Kokomo, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 May 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Howard-Miami_Mennonite_Church_(Kokomo,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=82279.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.