From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:48, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

R.R. 2, Port Burwell, ON, N0J 1T0. Located on the north side of Lakeshore Rd., 0.1 mi west of 3rd Line, Norfolk Township. Minister Henry Wiebe served in 2000 as a congregational leader. In 1975 there were 110 members. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference since 1973. The languages of worship are Low German and English.

The congregation began services in 1973. The first building was occupied in 1975. Dave Friesen and Dave Dyck are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from Mexico beginning in 1966, and outreach by the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference among Mennonite Brethren.

Bibliography

EMMC Recorder (May 1981): 2.

Heppner, Jack. Search for Renewal: The Story of the Rudnerweider/Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference 1937-1987. Winnipeg, MB, 1987: 337-338.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Houghton Centre Gospel Church (Port Burwell, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 25 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Houghton_Centre_Gospel_Church_(Port_Burwell,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=88116.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Houghton Centre Gospel Church (Port Burwell, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Houghton_Centre_Gospel_Church_(Port_Burwell,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=88116.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.