From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:39, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Hostetter Mennonite Church, established in Union Township, Adams County, Pennsylvania, in 1845, was originally a member of the Lancaster Conference. The church has a cornerstone marked "Manosimon Meetinghouse Built AD 1854; Rebuilt 1899." This beautiful farming community was settled by Mennonites in the mid-18th century. The congregation met in private homes with Bair's Hanover and later a schoolhouse until 1854, when Bishop John Hostetter gave land for a church, and the first meetinghouse was built, later replaced by another one. Services are held here every four weeks. It is part of the Hanover-Bair's Hanover circuit. In 1955 it had 111 members.

In 1978 or later the congregation withdrew from the Lancaster Conference and joined the Mid-Atlantic Mennonite Fellowship, a conservative group that brought together independent Mennonite congregations. It was identified as the Bairs-Hostetters Mennonite Church. In 2008 it had 48 members; Richard K. Herr was the bishop; David Keller was the minister.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Sam Steiner
Date Published July 2008


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D and Sam Steiner. "Bairs-Hostetters Mennonite Church (Littlestown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 2008. Web. 25 Jun 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bairs-Hostetters_Mennonite_Church_(Littlestown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=95325.

APA style

Landis, Ira D and Sam Steiner. (July 2008). Bairs-Hostetters Mennonite Church (Littlestown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 June 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bairs-Hostetters_Mennonite_Church_(Littlestown,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=95325.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 819. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.