From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:18, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Hollsopple (the borough name is Benson), Somerset County, Pennsylvania, a mining village of 1,000 inhabitants in 1950 (under 200 in 2000), located about 10 miles (16 kilometers) south of Johnstown, is the post-office address for a very large part of the Johnstown district Mennonite settlement, particularly the four older congregations, viz., the Stahl (1 mile distant), Kaufman, Blough, and Thomas congregations, with a total of about 650 members (1956), and is therefore a very familiar address. It is, however, on the south edge of the settlement and is not the shopping center for the Mennonite community.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Hollsopple (Somerset County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 19 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hollsopple_(Somerset_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=82163.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1956). Hollsopple (Somerset County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hollsopple_(Somerset_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=82163.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 794. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.