From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Hoffnungsfelder Mennonite Church was located in Petaigan, 11 miles north of Carrot River, Saskatchewan. In 1950 there were 47 members. The congregation dissolved in 1960. It had been affiliated with the General Conference Mennonite Church since 1956. The language of worship was German.

The congregation began services in 1931, and formally organized in 1937. The first building was occupied in 1937. Benjamin Ewert is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization of northern Saskatchewan and was part of the Hoffnungsfelder group of churches.

C. C. Boschman and Ben Andres were both non-salaried ministers. The Petaigan group merged with Carrot River Mennonite Church.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published February1989


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Hoffnungsfelder Mennonite Church (Petaigan, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February1989. Web. 22 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hoffnungsfelder_Mennonite_Church_(Petaigan,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=88077.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (February1989). Hoffnungsfelder Mennonite Church (Petaigan, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hoffnungsfelder_Mennonite_Church_(Petaigan,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=88077.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.