From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:03, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search
Hoffnungsfelder Mennonite Church, Glenbush, SK Source: Mennonite Church Saskatchewan website
The congregation began services in 1926, and formally organized in 1934. The first building was occupied in 1937, with a subsequent building program in 1975. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union. The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in the 1960s. The congregation was part of Hoffnungsfelder church group.

Contents

Bibliography

Barwald, Greg. "A Congregational History of Hoffnungsfelder Mennonite Church, Glenbush, Saskatchewan." Research paper, Canadian Mennonite Bible College, 1978, 22 pp. Mennonite Heritage Centre.

CMC Nexus (November 1996): 4-5.

Mennonite Reporter (4 August 1975): 10.

Additional Information

Address: Box 7, Glenbush, SK S0M 0Z0; located NE 21-49-14 West 3rd, Glenbush, SK

Telephone: 306-342-4325

Denominational Affiliations:

Mennonite Church Saskatchewan

Conference of Mennonites in Canada / Mennonite Church Canada

General Conference Mennonite Church (1934-1999)

Glenbush Congregation Membership

Year Members
1975 52
1985 61
1995 47
2000 46
2010 50


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published July 2010


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Hoffnungsfelder Mennonite Church (Glenbush, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 2010. Web. 24 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hoffnungsfelder_Mennonite_Church_(Glenbush,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=92032.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (July 2010). Hoffnungsfelder Mennonite Church (Glenbush, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hoffnungsfelder_Mennonite_Church_(Glenbush,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=92032.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.