From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Hoffnungsfelder Mennonite Church, Glenbush, SK
Source: Mennonite Church Saskatchewan website

The congregation began services in 1926, and formally organized in 1934. The first building was occupied in 1937, with a subsequent building program in 1975. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union. The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in the 1960s. The congregation was part of Hoffnungsfelder church group.

[edit] Bibliography

Barwald, Greg. "A Congregational History of Hoffnungsfelder Mennonite Church, Glenbush, Saskatchewan." Research paper, Canadian Mennonite Bible College, 1978, 22 pp. Mennonite Heritage Centre.

CMC Nexus (November 1996): 4-5.

Mennonite Reporter (4 August 1975): 10.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: Box 7, Glenbush, SK S0M 0Z0; located NE 21-49-14 West 3rd, Glenbush, SK

Telephone: 306-342-4325

Denominational Affiliations:

Mennonite Church Saskatchewan

Conference of Mennonites in Canada / Mennonite Church Canada

General Conference Mennonite Church (1934-1999)

Glenbush Congregation Membership

Year Members
1975 52
1985 61
1995 47
2000 46
2010 50


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published July 2010


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Hoffnungsfelder Mennonite Church (Glenbush, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 2010. Web. 21 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hoffnungsfelder_Mennonite_Church_(Glenbush,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=112612.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (July 2010). Hoffnungsfelder Mennonite Church (Glenbush, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hoffnungsfelder_Mennonite_Church_(Glenbush,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=112612.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.