Hinkletown Mennonite Church (Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA)

Jump to: navigation, search

Hinkletown Mennonite Church, 2017.
Photo by Collin Miller

Hinkletown Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), initially a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference, is located on the Lakes-to-Seas Highway, near Ephrata, Pennsylvania, where there had been a union church since 1851. The Mennonites had a few services in it at different times but not until the Groffdale-New Holland circuit in 1943 took charge did things really move. Under Mahlon Witmer, bishop, Warren S. Good, minister, and Harry S. Good, deacon, a thriving work started. A new church was built in 1952. The membership in 1955 was 110. In 2008 the membership was 400; the pastor was Glenn E. Sauder.

The congregation withdrew from the Lancaster Mennonite Conference in January 2009 and became an independent Mennonite congregation.

Additional Information

Address: 2031 Division Highway, Ephrata, Pennsylvania (Route 322)

Phone: 717-354-5213

Website: Hinkletown Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliations:


Map:Hinkletown Mennonite Church (Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA)

Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published November 2017

Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Hinkletown Mennonite Church (Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. November 2017. Web. 18 Mar 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hinkletown_Mennonite_Church_(Ephrata,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=155712.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (November 2017). Hinkletown Mennonite Church (Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 March 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hinkletown_Mennonite_Church_(Ephrata,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=155712.


Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 745. All rights reserved.

©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.