From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:48, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Hillview Conservative Mennonite congregation began services in 1947, and formally organized in 1952. The first building was occupied in 1954. The congregation originated through outreach of the Ontario Mennonite Mission Board. The congregation was formerly known as the Fort Stewart Conservative Mennonite Church because its location is close to that hamlet.

Bishop Merle Bauman served in 2001 as a non-salaried congregational leader. Daniel Horst was ordained as pastor in July 2002. In 1965 there were 10 members; in 1975, 19; in 1980, 25; in 1995, 29; in 2000, 31; in 2003, 30. It had been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario from 1947-1960 and the Conservative Mennonite Church of Ontario after 1960.

The congregation is located at R.R. 4, Bancroft, ON, K0L 1C0. (613) 332-3179. The church is located 21 km east of Bancroft, left at Hermon.


Author(s) Sam Steiner
Date Published April 1996


Cite This Article

MLA style

Steiner, Sam. "Hillview Conservative Mennonite Church (Bancroft, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1996. Web. 16 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hillview_Conservative_Mennonite_Church_(Bancroft,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=88055.

APA style

Steiner, Sam. (April 1996). Hillview Conservative Mennonite Church (Bancroft, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hillview_Conservative_Mennonite_Church_(Bancroft,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=88055.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.