From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Hilfsverein of the Evangelical Mennonite Church (Kleine Gemeinde) was established in 1929, to create an agency to make it possible to borrow money within the church at a low rate of interest. A committee of three was appointed to manage the fund. An assessment of 0.5 per cent on net and clear property was levied on the members (payment was voluntary, however) to establish security for the fund. The first loan to the fund was deposited on 20 February 1929, at the rate of 2.0 per cent per annum. In 1955 the interest was increased to 3.0 per cent. Though the amount was not large, it was a great help to many beginners. In 1955 every district of this church east of the Red River had its own committee member.


Author(s) David P Reimer
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Reimer, David P. "Hilfsverein of the Evangelical Mennonite Church." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 30 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hilfsverein_of_the_Evangelical_Mennonite_Church&oldid=82043.

APA style

Reimer, David P. (1956). Hilfsverein of the Evangelical Mennonite Church. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hilfsverein_of_the_Evangelical_Mennonite_Church&oldid=82043.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 741. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.