From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Hespeler United Mennonite Church, Hespeler, Ontario, was located on the third floor of a dry goods store on east side of Guelph St. downtown. The congregation dissolved in 1953. It has been affiliated with the Conference of United Mennonite Churches of Ontario. The language of worship was German.

The congregation began services in 1927. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union in the 1920s. When the congregation dissolved, members joined the W-K United Mennonite Church. The group had shared rented facilities with the Hespeler Mennonite Brethren Church.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Hespeler United Mennonite Church (Hespleler, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 31 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hespeler_United_Mennonite_Church_(Hespleler,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=88028.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). Hespeler United Mennonite Church (Hespleler, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hespeler_United_Mennonite_Church_(Hespleler,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=88028.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.