From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:18, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Herold der Wahrheit (1912- ) is a 32-page 6.25 x 9.5-inch semimonthly periodical "published in the interest of the Amish Mennonite Churches known as the Old Order Amish and the Conservative Amish Mennonites," by the Publication Board of the Amish Mennonite Publishing Association, printed at Scottdale, Pennsylvania, by the Mennonite Publishing House from 1 January 1912, the first issue, until 15 June 1956, and at Kalona, Iowa, since 1 July 1956. The periodical has always carried an approximately equal division of German and English material. The English editors until 1955 were Jonas B. Miller 1912-1948 and his son Evan J. Miller 1949-1955. With the issue of 1 February 1955, the Conservative Church dropped out and henceforth the periodical was solely Old Order Amish, with Ervin N. Hershberger as English editor. German editors have been S. D. Guengerich 1912-1929, L. A. Miller 15 March 1929-1 November 1951, and Raymond Wagler 15 November 1951- . On 1 September 1954, the size was reduced to 16 pages.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Herold der Wahrheit (1912- ) (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 1 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Herold_der_Wahrheit_(1912-_)_(Periodical)&oldid=81963.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1956). Herold der Wahrheit (1912- ) (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Herold_der_Wahrheit_(1912-_)_(Periodical)&oldid=81963.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 711. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.